Crashed my friend's Saturn. What should I do?

Hi, I had to borrow my friends 1999 Saturn SL today and I was going down this winding road that is really curvy and it's difficult to predict what will be on the next turn. Before I knew it, I was approaching a guardrail. Tried to stop and swerve but it was just too late, I ended up slamming the Saturn into the... show more Hi, I had to borrow my friends 1999 Saturn SL today and I was going down this winding road that is really curvy and it's difficult to predict what will be on the next turn. Before I knew it, I was approaching a guardrail. Tried to stop and swerve but it was just too late, I ended up slamming the Saturn into the guardrail.

I got out to inspect the damage and surprisingly, not that bad. But the hood is bent up and one of the headlights is completely smashed. The bumper is also slightly caved in. No airbag deployments and the car is completely driveable, just all cosmetic damage. He is actually away on a trip and let me use his Saturn while my BMW gets repaired.

I feel really bad because he was nice enough to let me use his Saturn and now it is smashed :(. What should I do about this?? Should I call him and tell him what happened or wait till he comes back home? This all happened like 3 hours ago. Still a little shaken up. Thanks for answering!
14 answers 14