Why does my car have a slight burning smell when heater is on? Is this dangerous, is it safe to drive the car?

I noticed today, and it is getting cold, i turned on the heater on its highest, this is a Toyota Camry 2012-2013 model, i don't know why; but there seemed to be a very light burning smell when the heater was turned on, it was a faint smell, i parked somewhere to check if something was wrong with the car like... show more I noticed today, and it is getting cold, i turned on the heater on its highest, this is a Toyota Camry 2012-2013 model, i don't know why; but there seemed to be a very light burning smell when the heater was turned on, it was a faint smell, i parked somewhere to check if something was wrong with the car like if the engine was burning but there was no burning smell, nothing looked wrong outside of the vehicle, the smell went away when i turned the heater to a lower level. There was no flashing light to indicate something is wrong. But when i turned the car on, the maintenance required light flashed but it didn't stay on, it briefly flashed and turned off. Doesn't it usually stay on if you need a maintenance?

IS this dangerous and is it safe to drive the car?
14 answers 14